BABSON PARK, Mass. — The Skidmore College ice hockey team capped off a tough week with a road win over No. 14 Babson College at NEHC on Saturday. The win snapped a brief two-game losing streak and keeps the Thoroughbreds looking for a home puck for the upcoming league round. Skidmore is 12-6-2 overall and 6-5-2 in the league. The Beavers are 13-7-2 and 8-5-2 NEHC.
- The win gave Skidmore a tiebreaker over Babson. The Thoroughbreds tied the defending NEHC champions 3-3 on Nov. 3. 8 and achieve today’s victory.
- Skidmore never trailed in the defensive game. Cayden Patrick Scored a team-high 11th goal of the season Connor Wood and everett waddell At 7 minutes and 31 seconds of the first quarter, the Chinese team led 1-0. The Beavers tied the score at 17:34 of the second quarter.
- Waddle gets the final game-winner at 8:18 of the third period between Patrick and Patrick jaden york. It was the seventh game of the year and the first in which the team’s leading scorer went 7-14-21.
- Babson put pressure on the Thoroughbreds in the closing minutes, but Tate Brandon Skidmore’s defense kept the Beavers in trouble. Brandon made 14 of 34 saves in the third quarter, including six in the final two minutes. this is his 10day Best saves of the season with 30 or more.
- As the regular season progressed, Skidmore finished fifth with 21 points, four behind fourth-placed Elmira and five behind third-placed Babson. Skidmore has one game at hand at Elmira and two at Babson.
Next up: Skidmore travels to Castleton on Tuesday for a rescheduled game and returns home on Feb. 2. 3 against Hobart and Feb. 4 against Elmira.